THE LEAST AWKWARD NETWORKING EVENT
YOU CAN GO TO
Ready to get out from behind that computer and interact with other humans in nature?!
Hey nature-loving, Bay Area, coaches, consultants, teachers, and holistic practitioners!
Ready to get out from behind your computer, move your body, and meet some other conscious entrepreneurs?
You’re invited to join us for our monthly Networking in Nature event in the beautiful Oakland hills.
The intention of our events is to:
- Slow down (not popular advice in the entrepreneurial world)
- Get our butts outside
- Connect with other conscious, nature-loving entrepreneurs
- Get a little exercise
- And see how we might support each other in our businesses
In the most natural setting possible – nature!
So if you’re drowning in email, stretched too thin, over-giving, or simply caught on that hamster wheel of obsessive productivity, I hope you’ll come hang out with us.
You might find your next:
- Referral partner
- Mastermind buddy
- Or just some down-to-earth friends on the entrepreneurial path
Because here’s the thing… when you slow down and get connected with yourself, with nature, and with other humans (away from the screen!), you get replenished, realigned, and reactivated. Yep, slowing down and getting out in nature will actually make you more productive.
(Not to mention all the other scientifically proven benefits of getting outside, including mental acuity, emotional resilience and stress relief).
So if the words “networking event” make you cringe…
Join us to network and practice networking in a gorgeous, low-pressure environment.
Here’s How it Works
- We’ll meet at the trailhead, introduce ourselves, and then spend the first 20 minutes on a guided silent stroll on a beautiful trail.
- Once we’ve opened up our senses and slowed down to nature’s pace, we’ll continue down a wide, rolling trail and have open time to walk, talk, and connect with one another about our businesses.
- We’ll stop every so often for simple facilitated exercises and conversation prompts so that it’s easy and natural to get to know new people and practice your networking skills even if you usually don’t like networking events.
- You’ll get added to a shared document after the event to help you keep in touch with your new colleagues (make sure to follow up!!)
- You must register here so we know you’re coming (space is limited and payment is only taken online)
- The event starts at 10AM and ends at 12:30PM
- Specific meeting spot details will be given when you register
- Please be at the trailhead at 10AM sharp (give yourself a few extra minutes to get there, it may be farther than you think!)
- The hike is easy to moderate with a couple uphill spots (it’s not intense)
- Dress in layers, and bring a water bottle, as well as a snack if you’ll need it, and business cards if you like (but don’t worry if you don’t have cards!).
- We’re so sorry, but tickets are not refundable nor transferable to the next event. You are free to give away or sell your ticket (please just let us know who’s taking it!)
2018 Dates (10AM-12:30PM)
Friday, March 9, 2018
Thursday, April 12, 2018
Friday, May 11, 2018
Tuesday, June 5, 2018
Thursday, July 19, 2018
Wednesday, August 15, 2018
Friday, September 21, 2018
Wednesday, October 17, 2018
Monday, November 12, 2018
What Previous Nature-Networkers Had to Say
“Networking in Nature accomplishes so much more than “networking” and being in “nature”. Each time I leave with about 20 new friends who do amazing work in the world. Julie facilitates meaningful conversation within small groups to allow connection without the awkwardness that accompanies so many networking events. After a few hours on the trail, I also feel relaxed and energized.”
-Stephanie Hibbert, Small Business Action Network
“I really enjoyed Networking in Nature. I was particularly impressed with the great folks who were in attendance and how easy it was to network in a relaxed way while spending time in nature.”
-Paul Bosky, Meditation Instructor
“Networking in Nature was terrific: a 4-for-1 in time outside, nature-filled exercise, and thoughtfully meeting new people, while reflecting on my business and what it needs most. I met people I could truly learn from, and contribute to, as a result.”
-Megan Goering, Consultant, Design Thinking/Innovation
“I loved Networking in Nature! The awesome Julie Wolk is on to something big. First we all dropped in and tuned into our beautiful surroundings through a silent walk (one of my favorite parts of the experience!), and then from that more grounded place we got many chances to meet interesting new people, hear what they are offering, and also say what we are up to. Being held by and moving through nature offered a depth and playfulness that can’t be replicated indoors.”
-Robert Hickling, Designer, Photographer & Artist