Women’s Business Community
Let Your Business Grow to New Heights
It’s time to stop going it alone.
You are invited to join us as we weave a web of down-to-earth women coaches, consultants, and holistic practitioners who are committed to self-care, positive impact, and wildly successful businesses through the radical act of collaboration and mutual support.
We are experienced business owners who meet seasonally – in person, in nature – to step off the obsessive productivity hamster wheel, listen to the wisdom of the earth, and find alignment, ease, efficiency, and enjoyment in our businesses and lives.
In addition to the annual Replenish Retreat and our seasonal daylongs in the woods, we cultivate a year-round community of inspiring women entrepreneurs and grow our business support network through small-group masterminds, business strategy coaching, expert classes, an online community, and networking events in nature.
Strategy. Systems. Community. Nature.
Hello Women Entrepreneurs:
I’m super grateful to have grown a business over the last few years that feels nourishing and successful to me. But from the start, I seriously struggled in my attempts to go it alone (even though I know better!).
Somehow, “doing it by myself” seemed less complicated. And perhaps in some ways that’s true. I mean, after running a nonprofit, having nobody to answer to? That was kinda nice…
But the reality is that it’s impossible to figure everything out myself, and it’s definitely impossible to DO everything by myself.
Life is complex, a business has a lot of moving parts, things are always changing, and the Universe throws you some pretty crazy s*#% sometimes.
And then what happens? We forget to reach out. We forget we’re not actually alone. We forget that even if we can’t always see or feel it, we’re all interdependent and connected anyways – in so many seen and unseen ways.
So we might as well recognize and take advantage of that. Right?!
And nature has so much to teach us in this realm.
I was struck recently by a circular stand of redwood trees, a fairy ring…a family of trees literally bound together by their roots, growing tall together.
And in that moment, it all came together.
NO MORE OF THIS GOING-IT-ALONE CRAP.
WE’RE BANDING TOGETHER LIKE A CIRCLE OF REDWOODS.
When we create an intentional network of support around us – weave our ecological web if you will – we are about a hundred times more likely to achieve all those goals we dream up in the beginning of every year.
More people in our business ecological web means more support, more witnessing, more compassion, more ideas, more advice, more partners, more clients, more money, more impact, more of what we most want to create (oh, and more fun!). And ultimately, with less work!
Plus, even one new connection can lead to a consistent referral source for private clients, an amazing teaching opportunity to fill your next program, or a brilliant new strategy that could change the way you do business. Now, imagine MANY of those kinds of connections.
Yeah sure, relationships are messy sometimes, and community isn’t always easy, but you know what I’ve come to? It’s worth it. If you look at a complex ecosystem, there’s a lot going on, but nothing is wasted, everything has a purpose, and the beauty and flow is truly magical.
Plus, I think most of us have had those days when we just feel totally alone in our home offices yearning for someone to talk to.
So I hope you’ll join us as we:
- Get out of the day-to-day weeds of our businesses to spend regular time in nature on our internal alignment, big picture vision, goals, strategy, schedules and plans
- Listen to what the wisdom of the earth has to tell us about our lives and businesses, instead of staying stuck in our heads behind our screens all the time
- Find more ease, efficiency, enjoyment and success in our businesses
- Commit to the radical act of self-care everyday
- Gain strategic business wisdom from super smart entrepreneurs
- And most importantly, to weave a web of collaboration and support, a circle of powerful women business owners who can lean on one another to help make this all possible (because like I said, all of this happens SO MUCH MORE EASILY in community)
You’ll get to workshop your most important biz questions:
- What’s the best business model for me to achieve my business goals and have a life I actually enjoy?
- How do I design my offerings, classes and programs so my clients buy them and love them?
- What’s the right marketing message and strategies that feel good and that I actually enjoy doing?
- How do I get the right systems in place so my business is easier to run and isn’t a disorganized mess?
- How do I make time in my already busy schedule to design, promote and fill the group program I’ve been dreaming about for two years?
- How can I scale my business and relieve pressure by hiring assistants or other team members?
And we’ll explore the trickiest issues we deal with as women entrepreneurs:
- Creating boundaries (with your time, fees, clients, and what you do and don’t do in your business)
- Working with the comparing mind, you know, that one who likes to keep up with the business Jones’
- Identifying the different between “imposter complex” and when we actually need to up our game
- Managing the fear that inevitably comes up as we move toward doing something new and big in our lives
- Working with our money issues (yes, we all have them) so we can feel great about earning more money and do it!
- Dialing down that productivity obsession that so often leads to burnout
So who’s right for this community?
- You want to meet women who can support and inspire you, keep you company on the solo entrepreneurial journey, and who can help you grow your client list and earn more money through collaborations (like referrals, speaking and teaching, and co-created offerings)
- You’ve proven concept on your business… in other words, you’re past start-up phase, you’ve got a pretty full load of clients, you’re paying the bills (+some!), and generally speaking, you’re not stressed out about money all the time (not that you never stress out about it)
- There’s a big new cool thing you want to do in your business, but you need support (both strategic and emotional) to get it off the ground! (think new group program, new niche, or a big shift to your business model)
- And, while you want to grow your business, you’re probably already pretty busy, so it’s not totally clear how you would even do that in a way that feels remotely sustainable, easeful and spacious (we’ll help with that!)
- You consider yourself a grounded, growth-oriented, and powerful woman
- You’re committed to growing and evolving your business and to being an active part of this community of support
- You’re a coach, consultant or holistic practitioner who could use a community of business sisters to remind you to slow down, take care of yourself, and stay true to what you aim to create
- You’d like regular accountability and support in prioritizing what’s truly most important in your life and business
- You’d like strategic support with your business and marketing (including an on-call coach at a super low rate plus a bunch of other brilliant entrepreneurs to help you)
- You want to create better systems to stay organized and efficient (from money to tech to scheduling)
WHAT YOU GET WITH YOUR YEAR MEMBERSHIP
ANCHOR EVENTS (LIVE IN NATURE):
The Annual Replenish Winter Reflection and Strategy Retreat for Women Entrepreneurs
January 24-27, 2020 at the amazing Westerbeke Ranch in Sonoma
- Take a break from your busy life, business (and computer!) to commune with inspiring women in a beautiful place and create an aligned plan for the year.
- Use the quiet energy of wintertime to reflect, realign, and reactivate your business and your life.
- Get nourished, supported, inspired and motivated through time outdoors, deep conversation, personal reflection, bonfires, business strategy sessions, goal-setting and planning, crafting, hot tub soaking, movement and more.
- Learn much more about Replenish here.
3 Seasonal Daylong Retreats in Nature
(Dates: Friday, April 19, Friday, July 19, Friday, October 25 – all from 10AM to 5PM in the East Bay Hills):
- Create time each quarter for a seasonally themed “mini-Replenish” in various beautiful spots in the East Bay Hills.
- Spend the morning held in a facilitated solo nature experience to create alignment and vision, then gather the wisdom in a group process to create big shifts in your business and life.
- Apply what you’ve learned to your business strategy in the afternoon, as you mastermind under the trees with your business sisters.
- Meet virtually the Tuesday morning after each daylong for a virtual goal setting, business strategy, prioritizing and work planning session.
An array of well-facilitated, connective, high-leverage Zoom video gatherings to choose from each month (and no pressure to join them all!).
Monthly Group Business Coaching
Bring your most pressing business questions and get expert advice from Julie, Heather and your peers on this Q&A-style coaching session. If you’re on a call live and your question doesn’t get answered, you get a free 15-minute call with Julie. All calls are recorded.
Six times a year, in non-daylong months, we meet as a group for a cozy evening of strategizing about our businesses, growing and deepening connections, finding support, laughing and drinking tea. Some evening masterminds are held on Zoom video, some are held in person in the East Bay.
Monthly Master Classes
Based on what the group needs most, we will invite special guest experts to share their wisdom. All calls are recorded. Class topics are focused in three areas and sample classes include:
- Money – getting over the emotional and psychological hurdles to earning more money, finances and bookkeeping, taxes and business entities
- Systems – online tools and productivity, organizing your day and workflow, getting a handle on your inbox and document storage, all that sexy legal and insurance stuff
- Marketing – branding and messaging, working with limiting beliefs around promoting yourself, Facebook and Instagram ads
Optionally, you’ll have the opportunity to be paired up with another woman so you can dig into your deepest business questions and hold each other accountable for your visions and plans. You can meet in-person (I recommend on a walk in nature, of course!) or virtually.
The Private Facebook Group
Get advice and feedback on your business anytime in the Redwood Circle Online Facebook group. Julie and Heather check the group each day and offer coaching whenever you need it, plus your future biz sisters will offer support as well. It’s a place for connection, coaching, advice, accountability, referrals, feedback, and promoting your cool stuff (within reason).
We also house resources in the Facebook group, like a growing list of referrals and recommendations from business professionals and vendors to recommended business books, podcasts, apps and online tools to help you grow your business.
A COUPLE FUN ADD-ONS:
Free admission to all Networking in Nature Events:
These are fun, fruitful events in the Oakland hills to connect with the Redwood Circle women + all the other cool entrepreneurs who show up each month. It’s an awesome excuse to get outside and away from your computer, great for practicing talking about what you do with people in a low-pressure atmosphere, and you’re practically guaranteed to meet at least someone who can help you in your business in some way. As an RC member, you also get to invite a guest for free each time ($144 value).
Access to the Roots of Business Home Study Course
If you need help clarifying the foundations of your business (niche, message, signature system, packages), so you can market clearly and powerfully to grow your business, this is a 5-module, in-depth course housed online (with outdoor exercises!). This course is NOT just for beginners. It also includes a super helpful bonus module on legal and financial business basics and business entities ($350 value).
AND, OPTIONAL PERSONALIZED BIZ SUPPORT:
If you would like more hands-on strategic support for your business, you can purchase a package of 6 50-minute sessions (discounted for the Redwood Circle from regular private coaching rates), which includes email support between sessions and an extended 90-minute initial session so we can super get clear on what you’re working to accomplish this year. We can talk about this option during our free consultation if you’re interested.
PLUS… A FREE PRIVATE BUSINESS MODEL AND STRATEGY SESSION WITH JULIE:
If you’re one of the first 5 women this season to sign up for the Redwood Circle + the Replenish Retreat, you’ll receive a free private session with Julie to help you create or clarify your best business model and business strategy so it works to achieve the business and lifestyle goals you want (a $225 value).
It’s the perfect way to kick off your membership in the Redwood Circle, setting intentions and goals so you get the most out of it.
I know what you might be thinking… I don’t have time for more stuff!!
Are you ready for some real talk?
That change you’ve been wanting to make forever in your business, that feeling that you’ve outgrown your business but you don’t know how to shift it, that new workshop you want to offer, that re-brand that’s long overdue, the lack of systems and organization that you KNOW needs to change…
None of that’s going to change if you don’t make the time to change it.
Now I don’t know for sure that this community is right for you. But there’s a good chance that if you join us, you are about a ton more likely to actually get that s&*% done this year.
You’ll set goals, you’ll have people to hold you accountable to them and to cheer you on, and you’ll learn the skills and find the resources you need to actually make it happen.
If you’re “too busy” now, it’s fairly likely you’re going to be “too busy” in a year from now.
So the first thing is – just create the time. Space isn’t going to magically appear unless you make it so. Invest the time up front now to create the business you want later!
The second thing I want you to know is that I am a big fan of efficiency, if you hadn’t gotten that already.
The Redwood Circle is designed to help you create more ease in your business, to become more aligned, focused, calm, supported, and efficient in your work. Everything we do is a high-leverage activity, meaning that your time is well spent on strategies that can actually help you grow your business more quickly (saving you time) than if you didn’t do it.
The activities are designed to give you the flash of insight from a mastermind buddy that will shift your perspective or change your whole business strategy, streamline what you’re already doing to make it more effective or efficient, get the time and space you need for big picture strategic decisions that have had you stuck for too long, learn an important skill that propels you forward, or to make the kind of deep, personal connections that make marketing and filling your programs easier.
Not to mention, we are pretty obsessed around here with helping you create better systems and better boundaries in your business (one of the main keys to more ease in your business).
Life and business truly are easier with the right kind of support. And you are more likely to hit your business goals with a team of awesome women behind you.
And finally, you are not required nor expected to show up for each and every online gathering. The core of this community is our four live events. Make space for those. Use the supporting online gatherings as it makes sense for you. This is not a program, and you will not miss a lesson. This is a community, and it’s about growing relationships for the long-term.
Meet Your Facilitation Team
The vision of the Redwood Circle is to create a shared leadership system and abundant opportunities for people to step in and offer their unique gifts to the community.
Julie, the founder and lead facilitator, is a business coach, long time community builder, and creator of transformational spaces and experiences, both professionally and personally. She is passionate about creating a business ecosystem where each person is playing their right role in the community. You can read more about her experience here.
Our first member of the facilitation team is Heather Sontag, and she holds an incredibly important skill set – getting you set up with rockin’ systems and tools to streamline your business:
Heather Sontag is an organizational expert, coach and speaker. She works with overwhelmed moms and busy entrepreneurial women. She empowers women to clear their lives of mental, emotional, physical and digital clutter. Heather takes her clients from a place of overwhelm to calm in just a few months. Heather’s an active member of the National Association of Productivity and Organizing Professionals and other local women’s business groups. She is a sought after consultant, coach, and speaker, transforming people’s spaces, routines, and minds so they live fulfilled and organized lives. Heather has spoken for Genentech, ReBoot Accelerator, a variety of business associations, women’s groups, parenting organizations, and schools. Heather just released Taming Your Inner Critic, an action guide for getting past your negative thoughts and getting organized today. For a free copy, go to ssorganized.com
And we’re so excited to expand our facilitation team as our circle grows.
Not to mention that the members of the Redwood Circle are extremely talented business owners… therapists, purpose coaches, event planners, business coaches, consultants, healers, photographers and more.
All of these women will share their gifts, skills and experiences with you.
Fees and How to Join
There is a one-year commitment to the Redwood Circle. Prices below include the Replenish Retreat + 12 months of membership. If you are interested in the Redwood Circle without Replenish, we can talk about that at our consultation.
Pay in full: $2950 (save $230)
OR Payment Plan: $1200 deposit + $165/month for 12 months = $3180 total
I’m talking to everyone before they join…
Want to set up a chat with me to see if it’s right for you?
Just go over here and fill out the form, and we’ll set that up.
Because here’s the truth, ladies:
Growing a business takes time. And… There’s a lot of hype out there about growing six and multi-six figure businesses super-quickly-in-like-4-easy-secret-steps (gag).
But let me tell you, especially for those of us who don’t want to or can’t work all the time, it takes TIME to get your business to the place you want it to be, both financially and lifestyle-wise. And then we’re always evolving and changing, and so is life!
So what does this mean?
It means that first, we get to just accept that and breathe a sigh of relief.
It’s not a race, and most of that 6-figure stuff is BS anyways.
Second, we need to pace ourselves.
There’s a time for action, productivity, forward motion and flow. And there’s a time for rest, reflection, planning, and ebb.
We must honor both parts of the cycle.
When you take time for the ebb, the flow grows naturally.
And this is the secret to natural productivity (you know, the kind you see in a robust forest ecosystem), as opposed to the obsessive productivity our society (and hamsters in wheels all across America) promotes… “Have more! Be more! Do more!”
Let’s say no to that.
Let’s do this differently.
Let’s make a commitment to creating truly generative businesses and supporting each other to do it as a community.
I honestly don’t think there’s any other way.
So try it the Redwood Circle way
- Community: Create lasting, deep, human connections with other women business owners to strategize, collaborate and support (and laugh and have fun).
- Strategy: Design a smart business strategy that works for your life, so you can stop going in 20 directions and create something aligned, inspiring and simple.
- Systems: Learn how to become more streamlined, efficient and to free up more time by creating just the right structures in your business.
- Nature: Carve out regular time in your schedule every season to get out of the day-to-day weeds of your business to vision, dream, align, strategize and create.
Set up a call to see if it’s a good fit