Women’s Business Community
It’s time to stop going it alone.
Join us as we weave a web of down-to-earth women coaches, consultants, and holistic practitioners who are committed to self-care, positive impact, and wildly successful businesses through the radical act of collaboration and mutual support.
We are experienced business owners who meet seasonally – in person, in nature – to step off the obsessive productivity hamster wheel, listen to the wisdom of the earth, and find alignment, ease, efficiency, and enjoyment in our businesses and lives.
In addition to the annual Replenish Retreat and our seasonal daylongs in the woods, we cultivate a year-round community of inspiring women entrepreneurs and grow our business support network through small-group masterminds, business strategy coaching, expert classes, an online community, and networking events in nature.
Strategy. Systems. Community. Nature.
Hello Women Entrepreneurs:
I’m super grateful to have grown a business over the last few years that feels nourishing and successful to me. But from the start, I seriously struggled in my attempts to go it alone (even though I know better!).
Somehow, “doing it by myself” seemed less complicated. And perhaps in some ways that’s true. I mean, after running a nonprofit, having nobody to answer to? That was kinda nice…
But the reality is that it’s impossible to figure everything out myself, and it’s definitely impossible to DO everything by myself.
Life is complex, a business has a lot of moving parts, things are always changing, and the Universe throws you some pretty crazy s*#% sometimes.
And then what happens? We forget to reach out. We forget we’re not actually alone. We forget that even if we can’t always see or feel it, we’re all interdependent and connected anyways – in so many seen and unseen ways.
So we might as well recognize and take advantage of that. Right?!
And nature has so much to teach us in this realm.
I was struck recently by a circular stand of redwood trees, a fairy ring…a family of trees literally bound together by their roots, growing tall together.
And in that moment, it all came together.
NO MORE OF THIS GOING-IT-ALONE CRAP.
WE’RE BANDING TOGETHER LIKE A CIRCLE OF REDWOODS.
When we create an intentional network of support around us – weave our ecological web if you will – we are about a hundred times more likely to achieve all those goals we dream up in the beginning of every year. More people in our business ecological web means more support, more witnessing, more compassion, more ideas, more advice, more partners, more clients, more money, more impact, more of what we most want to create (oh, and more fun!). And ultimately, with less work!
Plus, even one new connection can lead to a consistent referral source for private clients, an amazing teaching opportunity to fill your next program, or a brilliant new strategy that could change the way you do business. Now, imagine MANY of those kinds of connections.
Yeah sure, relationships are messy sometimes, and community isn’t always easy, but you know what I’ve come to? It’s worth it. If you look at a complex ecosystem, there’s a lot going on, but nothing is wasted, everything has a purpose, and the beauty and flow is truly magical.
Plus, I think most of us have had those days when we just feel totally alone in our home offices yearning for someone to talk to.
So I hope you’ll join us as we:
- Get out of the day-to-day weeds of our businesses to spend regular time in nature on our internal alignment, big picture vision, goals, strategy, schedules and plans
- Listen to what the wisdom of the earth has to tell us about our lives and businesses, instead of staying stuck in our heads behind our screens all the time
- Find more ease, efficiency, enjoyment and success in our businesses
- Commit to the radical act of self-care everyday
- And most importantly, to weave a web of collaboration and support, a circle of powerful women business owners who can lean on one another to help make this all possible (because like I said, all of this happens SO MUCH MORE EASILY in community)
You’ll get to workshop your most important biz questions:
- What’s the most effective business model to achieve my business goals and have a life I actually enjoy?
- How do I design my offerings, classes and programs so my clients buy them and love them?
- What’s the right marketing language and strategies that feel good and that I actually enjoy doing?
- How do I get the right systems in place so my business is easier to run?
- Should I create a group program and what would it look like?
- How can I scale my business and relieve pressure by hiring assistants and other team members?
And we’ll explore the trickiest issues we deal with as women entrepreneurs:
- Creating boundaries (with your time, fees, clients, and what you do and don’t do in your business)
- Working with the comparing mind, you know, that one who likes to keep up with the business Jones’
- Identifying the different between “imposter complex” and when we actually need to up our game
- Working with our money issues (yes, we all have them) so we can feel great about earning more money and do it!
- Dialing down that productivity obsession that so often leads to burnout
So who’s right for this community?
- You want to meet women who can support and inspire you, and who can help you grow your client list and earn more money through collaborations (like referrals, speaking and teaching, and co-created offerings)
- You’ve proven concept on your business… in other words, you’re past start-up phase, you’ve got a pretty full load of clients, you’re paying the bills (+some!), and generally speaking, you’re not stressed out about money all the time (not that you never stress out about it)
- You want to grow your business, but you’re already busy, so it’s not totally clear how you would even do that in a way that feels remotely sustainable, easeful and spacious
- You consider yourself a grounded, growth-oriented, and powerful woman
- You’re committed to growing and evolving your business and to being an active part of this community of support
- You’re a coach, consultant or holistic practitioner who could use a community of business sisters to remind you to slow down, take care of yourself, and stay true to what you aim to create
- You’d like regular accountability and support in prioritizing what’s truly most important in your life and business
- You’d like strategic support with your business and marketing (including an on-call coach at a super low rate plus a bunch of other brilliant entrepreneurs to help you)
- You want to create better systems to stay organized and efficient (from money to tech to scheduling)
What you get over the course of a year membership
The Core Offerings (Live! In Human Form!):
- The annual Replenish Winter Reflection and Strategy Retreat for Women Entrepreneurs (January 25-28, 2019) is included in the cost of the Redwood Circle: This anchor event is designed for women entrepreneurs who need a break from their busy lives and computers to commune with inspiring women in a beautiful place and create an aligned plan for the year. We’ll use the quiet energy of wintertime to reflect, realign, and reactivate your business and your life. Through time outdoors, deep conversation, personal reflection, bonfires, business strategy sessions, goal-setting and planning, crafting, hot tub soaking, movement and more, you’ll walk away feeling nourished, supported, inspired, and ready to move forward. Learn much more about Replenish here.
- 3 seasonal daylong retreats in the Oakland redwoods
(Dates: Friday, April 19, 2019, Friday, July 19, 2019, Friday, October 25, 2019 – all from 10AM to 5PM): Each season, we touch in for a “mini-Replenish.” Each daylong is influenced by the season and includes a morning of council and guided quiet time in nature for alignment and vision, a business strategy and goal setting session, and masterminding with your business sisters. All retreats are followed by an optional fun dinner out together!
- Evening masterminds: Each non-daylong month, we’ll meet in person in the East Bay to mastermind our businesses, grow and deepen connections, find support, laugh, and eat dessert. These facilitated groups happen the 4th week of the month, on alternating evenings (Monday-Thursday) so everyone can attend sometimes, from 7-9:30PM, 6 times/year (we take December and August off).
Awesome Online Components:
- Group Business Coaching: These monthly 90-minute Zoom video sessions are held the second Mondays of the month, alternating times between 11AM and 2PM, so everyone can attend sometimes. Some sessions are pure business strategy Q & A; bring your questions and get expert biz advice from Julie and your peers. Some sessions focus on a hot topic relevant to Redwood Circle members. All calls are recorded.
- Stress-free Systems Expert Class Series: Occasional live guest expert video workshops to get your business systems as smooth as butter. For example: business bookkeeping, tax accounting and business entities, online tools and productivity tricks, getting a handle on your crazy inbox, and legal s*%# you need to know. We’ll find the perfect teachers based on what the group most needs. Classes will be offered at various times, and all classes are recorded. We also keep a growing referral list of vendors and resources to help you implement efficient systems.
- Accountability buddies: You’ll have the opportunity to be paired up with another woman so you can dig into your deepest business questions and hold each other accountable for your visions and plans. You can meet in-person (I recommend on a walk in nature, of course!) or virtually.
- The Private Facebook group: A virtual space for support, connection, coaching, advice, accountability, referrals, feedback, and promoting your cool stuff. Though the online component is not our main connection point (thankfully), we will endeavor to make this a useful and inspiring place to be online (but hey, if you’re on a Facebook fast, we’ll understand).
A Couple Fun Add-Ons:
- Free admission to all Networking in Nature events: These are fun, connective, bi-monthly(ish) events in the Oakland hills to connect with the Redwood Circle women + all the other cool entrepreneurs who show up each month. It’s the best excuse to get outside and away from your computer (for business purposes no less), great for practicing talking about what you do with people in a low-pressure atmosphere, and you’re practically guaranteed to meet at least someone who can help you in your business in some way ($90 value).
- Access to the entire Roots of Business home study course: If you need help clarifying the foundations of your business (niche, message, signature system, packages), so you can market clearly and powerfully to grow your business, this is a 5-module, in-depth course housed online (with outdoor exercises!) that Julie used to teach live over 6 weeks, and is now a home study course ($350 value). This course is NOT just for beginners. It also includes a super helpful bonus module on legal and financial business basics and business entities.
And, Optional Personalized Biz Support:
- Private Coaching: If you want more personal coaching and strategy help for your business, you can purchase a package of 6 50-minute sessions, which includes email support between sessions and an extended 90-minute initial deep dive (ideally in person) so we can super get clear on what you’re working to accomplish this year (if you’re getting a free 90-minute nature session per above, all six sessions are 50 minutes). If you’ve coached with me before or completed a 6-session package, you have the option of signing up for single coaching sessions. We can talk about this option during our free consultation if you’re interested.
PLUS… a Free 90-minute private business strategy session in nature with Julie:
If you join the Redwood Circle + Replenish in 2018 by September 24, you’ll get a Business Strategy Walk ‘n Talk with Julie at Redwood Regional Park so we can create or clarify your business model and business strategy so it works to achieve the business and lifestyle goals you want. You get 90 minutes of my undivided, nature-infused brain on your business (trust me, it’s better this way!), and we both get a great walk on a beautiful, mellow ridge trail. And there are plenty of benches along the way to rest, take notes and chat ($300 value).
I know what you’re thinking… I don’t have time for this!!
Fees and How to Join
There is a one-year commitment to the Redwood Circle. Prices below include the Replenish Retreat + 12 months of membership. If you are interested in the Redwood Circle without Replenish, we can talk about that at our consultation.
Pay in full: $2750 (save $250)
OR Payment Plan: $1200 deposit for Replenish Retreat + $150/month for 12 months = $3000 total
I’m talking to everyone before they join…
Want to set up a chat with me to see if it’s right for you?
Just go over here and fill out the form, and we’ll set that up.
Because here’s the truth, ladies:
Growing a business takes time. And… There’s a lot of hype out there about growing six and multi-six figure businesses super-quickly-in-like-4-easy-secret-steps (gag).
But let me tell you, especially for those of us who don’t want to or can’t work all the time, it takes TIME to get your business to the place you want it to be, both financially and lifestyle-wise. And then we’re always evolving and changing, and so is life!
So what does this mean?
It means that first, we get to just accept that and breathe a sigh of relief.
It’s not a race, and most of that 6-figure stuff is BS anyways.
Second, we need to pace ourselves.
There’s a time for action, productivity, forward motion and flow. And there’s a time for rest, reflection, planning, and ebb.
We must honor both parts of the cycle.
When you take time for the ebb, the flow grows naturally.
And this is the secret to natural productivity (you know, the kind you see in a robust forest ecosystem), as opposed to the obsessive productivity our society (and hamsters in wheels all across America) promotes… “Have more! Be more! Do more!”
Let’s say no to that.
Let’s do this differently.
Let’s make a commitment to creating truly generative businesses and supporting each other to do it as a community.
I honestly don’t think there’s any other way.
So try it the Redwood Circle way
- Community: Create lasting, deep, human connections with other women business owners to strategize, collaborate and support (and laugh and have fun).
- Strategy: Design a smart business strategy that works for your life, so you can stop going in 20 directions and create something aligned, inspiring and simple.
- Systems: Learn how to become more streamlined, efficient and to free up more time by creating just the right structures in your business.
- Nature: Carve out regular time in your schedule to get out of the day-to-day weeds of your business to vision, dream, align, strategize and create.
Set up a call to see if it’s a good fit