Women’s Business Community
It’s time to stop going it alone.
Join us as we weave a web of down-to-earth women coaches, consultants, and holistic practitioners who are committed to self-care, positive impact, and wildly successful businesses through the radical act of collaboration and mutual support.
We meet seasonally – in person, in nature – to step off the obsessive productivity hamster wheel, listen to the wisdom of the earth, and find alignment, ease, efficiency, and enjoyment in our businesses and lives.
In addition to the annual Replenish Retreat and our seasonal daylongs in the woods, we cultivate a year-round community of inspiring women entrepreneurs and grow our business support network through small-group masterminds, business strategy coaching, expert classes, an online community, and networking events in nature.
Hello Women Entrepreneurs:
Somehow, “doing it by myself” seemed less complicated. And perhaps in some ways that’s true. I mean, nobody to answer to? That’s kinda nice…
But the reality is that it’s impossible to figure everything out myself, and it’s definitely impossible to DO everything by myself.
Life is complex, a business has a lot of moving parts, things are always changing, and the Universe throws you some pretty crazy shit sometimes.
And then what happens? We forget to reach out. We forget we’re not actually alone. We forget that even if we can’t always see or feel it, we’re all interdependent and connected anyways – in so many seen and unseen ways.
So we might as well recognize and take advantage of that. Right?!
And nature has so much to teach us in this realm.
I was struck recently by a circular stand of redwood trees, a fairy ring…a family of trees literally bound together by their roots, growing tall together.
And in that moment, it all came together.
NO MORE OF THIS GOING-IT-ALONE CRAP.
WE’RE BANDING TOGETHER LIKE A CIRCLE OF REDWOODS.
When we create an intentional network of support around us – weave our ecological web if you will – we are about a hundred times more likely to achieve all those goals we dream up in the beginning of every year. More people in our business ecological web means more support, more witnessing, more compassion, more ideas, more advice, more partners, more clients, more money, more impact, more of what we most want to create. And with less work!
Even one new connection can lead to a consistent referral source for private clients, an amazing teaching opportunity to fill your next program, or a brilliant new strategy that could change the way you do business. Now, imagine MANY of those kinds of connections.
Yeah sure, relationships are messy sometimes, and community isn’t always easy, but you know what I’ve come to? It’s worth it. If you look at a complex ecosystem, there’s a lot going on, but nothing is wasted, everything has a purpose, and the beauty and flow is truly magical.
So I hope you’ll join us as we:
- Get out of the day-to-day weeds of our businesses to spend regular time in nature on our internal alignment, big picture vision, goals, schedules and plans
- Listen to what the wisdom of the earth has to tell us about our lives and businesses, instead of staying stuck in our heads behind our screens all the time
- Find more ease, efficiency, enjoyment and success in our businesses
- Commit to the radical act of self-care everyday
- And most importantly, to weave a web of collaboration and support, a circle of powerful women business owners who can lean on one another to help make this all possible (because like I said, all of this happens SO MUCH MORE EASILY in community)
So I’ve told you a little about me… Who are you?
- You want to meet women who can help you grow your client list and earn more money through collaborations (like referrals, speaking and teaching, and co-creating offerings)
- You’ve proven concept on your business… in other words, you’re past start-up phase, you’ve got a pretty full load of clients, you’re paying the bills (+some!), and generally speaking, you’re not stressed out about money all the time (not that you never stress out about it)
- You want to grow your business, but you’re already busy, so it’s totally unclear how you would even do that in a way that feels remotely sustainable, easeful and spacious
- You consider yourself a grounded, growth-oriented, and powerful woman
- You’re committed to growing and evolving your business and to being an active part of this community of support
- You’re a coach, consultant or holistic practitioner who could use a community of business sisters to remind you to slow down, take care of yourself, and stay true to what you aim to create
- You’d like regular accountability and support in prioritizing what’s truly most important in your life and business
- You’d like strategic support with your business and marketing (including an on-call coach at a super low rate plus a bunch of other brilliant entrepreneurs to help you)
- You want to create better systems to stay organized and efficient (from money to tech to scheduling)
What you get over the course of the year
The Core of the Program:
- The annual Replenish Winter Reflection and Strategy Retreat for Women Entrepreneurs (January 25-28, 2019) is included in the cost of the Redwood Circle: This anchor event is designed for women entrepreneurs who need a break from their busy lives and computers to commune with inspiring women in a beautiful place and create an aligned plan for the year. We’ll use the quiet energy of wintertime to reflect, realign, and reactivate your business and your life. Through time outdoors, deep conversation, personal reflection, bonfires, business strategy sessions, goal-setting and planning, crafting, hot tub soaking, movement and more, you’ll walk away feeling nourished, supported, inspired, and ready to move forward. Learn much more about Replenish here.
- 3 seasonal daylong retreats in the Oakland redwoods
(Dates: 4/20/18, 7/13/18, and 10/19/18): Spring and fall retreats are with the full-group and facilitated by Julie in a magical grove of Oakland redwoods. The summer daylong is self-facilitated in small mastermind groups with clear guidance from Julie. If you are unable to make the summer date, it IS possible to arrange a different date with your mastermind group. Each daylong is influenced by the season and includes a morning of council and guided quiet time in nature for alignment and vision, a business strategy and goal setting session, and masterminding with your business sisters. All retreats are followed by an optional fun dinner out together!
- In-person evening masterminds: Each non-daylong month, we’ll meet live in the East Bay to mastermind our businesses, grow and deepen connections, find support, laugh, and eat dessert. These groups happen the 4th Monday of the month from 7-9:30PM approximately 7 times/year (we take December off).
- Monthly 90-minute online group business coaching video call: These are Zoom video sessions the second Mondays of the month from 2-3:30. Get expert biz advice from Julie and your peers. You can send questions in advance if you are unable to attend a call, or just bring your strategic questions live. All calls are recorded.
- Accountability buddies: You’ll have the opportunity to be paired up with another woman so you can dig into your deepest business questions and hold each other accountable for your visions and plans. You can meet in-person (I recommend on a walk in nature, of course!) or on the phone.
- Stress-free Systems Summer School: Ten weeks of live expert video classes to get your business systems as smooth as buttah, from personal finance to business bookkeeping, from online tools and tricks to getting a handle on your inbox, plus, systematizing your self-care like a nature goddess. And, a virtual co-working afternoon to get those systems actually implemented… led by my fantastic assistant Jess, who can answer all (or at least a good amount of) your technical systems questions. All classes will be recorded.
- The Private Facebook group: A virtual space for support, connection, coaching, advice, accountability, feedback, and promoting your cool stuff. Though the online component is not our main connection point (thankfully), we will endeavor to make this a useful and inspiring place to be online (but hey, if you’re on a Facebook fast, we’ll understand).
- Free admission to all Networking in Nature events: These are fun, connective, monthly events in the Oakland hills to connect with the Redwood Circle women + all the other cool entrepreneurs who show up each month. It’s the best excuse to get outside and away from your computer (for business purposes no less), great for practicing talking about what you do with people in a low-pressure atmosphere, and you’re practically guaranteed to meet at least someone who can help you in your business in some way ($135 value).
- Access to the entire Roots of Business home study course: If you need help clarifying the foundations of your business (niche, message, signature system, packages), so you can market clearly and powerfully to grow your business, this is a 5-module, in-depth course housed online (with outdoor exercises!) that Julie used to teach live over 6 weeks, and is now a home study course ($350 value). This course is NOT just for beginners.
- Private Coaching: If you want more personal coaching and strategy help for your business, you can purchase a package of 6 50-minute sessions, which includes email support between sessions, and an extended 90-minute initial deep dive (ideally in person) so we can super get clear on what you’re working to accomplish this year. We can talk about this option during our consultation if you’re interested. If you’ve coached with me before or completed a 6-session package, you have the option of signing up for single coaching sessions.
And Just in case you’re thinking… I don’t have time for this!!
Fees and How to Join
Registration opens spring and fall during the month before the seasonal retreats.
There is a one-year commitment to the Redwood Circle.
Payment Plan: $1200 deposit + $150/month for 13 months
Pay in full: $2750 (save $250)
I’m talking to everyone before they join…
Want to set up a chat with me to see if it’s right for you?
Just go over here and fill out the form, and we’ll set that up.
Because here’s the truth, ladies:
Growing a business takes time. And… There’s a lot of hype out there about growing six and multi-six figure businesses super-quickly-in-like-4-easy-secret-steps (gag).
But let me tell you, especially for those of us who don’t want to or can’t work all the time, it takes TIME to get your business to the place you want it to be, both financially and lifestyle-wise. And then we’re always evolving and changing, and so is life!
So what does this mean?
It means that first, we get to just accept that and breathe a sigh of relief.
It’s not a race, and most of that 6-figure stuff is BS anyways.
Second, we need to pace ourselves.
There’s a time for action, productivity, forward motion and flow. And there’s a time for rest, reflection, planning, and ebb.
We must honor both parts of the cycle.
When you take time for the ebb, the flow grows naturally.
And this is the secret to natural productivity (you know, the kind you see in a robust forest ecosystem), as opposed to the obsessive productivity our society (and hamsters in wheels all across America) promotes… “Have more! Be more! Do more!”
Let’s say no to that.
Let’s do this differently.
Let’s make a commitment to creating truly generative businesses and supporting each other to do it as a community.
I honestly don’t think there’s any other way.
So try it the Redwood Circle way
- Community: Create lasting, deep, human connections with other women business owners to strategize, collaborate and support (and laugh and have fun).
- Strategy: Design a smart business strategy that works for your life, so you can stop going in 20 directions and create something aligned, inspiring and simple.
- Systems: Learn how to become more streamlined, efficient and to free up more time by creating just the right structures in your business.
- Nature: Carve out regular time in your schedule to get out of the day-to-day weeds of your business to vision, dream, align, strategize and create.
Set up a call to see if it’s a good fit