Winter Reflection & Strategy Retreat
Hot Tubs + Biz Strategy for Women* Entrepreneurs
January 24th to 27th, 2020 in Sonoma County, CA
This winter, spend four full days and three cozy nights
renewing yourself,your creative spirit, and your business
at the charmingly luxurious Westerbeke Ranch.
Are you yearning for some spacious time to re-envision and strategize your business? But maybe, just maaaaybe, it’s been hard to carve out the time?
Yeah, I hear you!
And I know, it’s no fun feeling like there’s never time enough to slow down.
- You might feel exhausted (possibly from giving so much to others)
- You might feel unclear or uninspired about your business
- You might feel that icky, online pressure to be “epic” instead of authentic
- Or you might simply feel too busy (and yet still not getting the most important stuff done)
And since you’re not a hamster (you’re in fact an established coach, consultant, or healer), going through life on a hamster wheel is NOT ideal.
And as it turns out, organization, focus, sustainability and JOY don’t actually live on that hamster wheel either.
Sometimes… in order to replenish yourself and your business, you have to take a purposeful pause from the madness.
Sometimes… you need to embrace the ebb—the slowing down, resting, reflecting, realigning, rejuvenating (and even some other things that don’t start with the letter “R”).
Well I happen to be on a mission to make sure that you take a step back from our productivity-obsessed culture to do it; to slow down, make an organized plan, and then flow your own unique way.
Because when you do… not only will you be happier, more inspired, and creative, you will actually become more motivated, focused and naturally productive.
And that’s why we have the Replenish Retreat
Held January 24-27, 2020 in Sonoma, California at the glorious Westerbeke Ranch, not only will we have four transformative and delicious days together for you to nourish yourself and your business (from hot tubs to business strategy!), you will come home with a paradigm-shifting framework for managing your life and business, one that is guided by nature and pays close attention to your natural ebb and flow.
Now, here are some common symptoms that may be telling you it’s time for something like this:
- You put too much on your schedule, expecting yourself to accomplish an unreasonable amount of tasks on an unreasonably tight schedule, so you often (or always) feel behind and stressed and like you’re not doing enough
- You have an intensifying need to get out from behind your computer and have space to think and relax without a screen in front of your face
- You generously give a ton to others, and you’re exhausted
- You’re stressed and tired and need a break from the busyness of your life to find space for creativity and inspiration
- You’re not feeling totally psyched about your business (or maybe stuck), but you’re not sure why or you’re not sure how to change it so you actually like it again
- Your business is taking over your life… and you need to figure out how create boundaries and get better organized
- You have visions and ideas, but you need help making a plan to actually get it done
- You’re sick of hearing about how epic other people’s businesses are, or what you’re “supposed to do” and you just want to do what you want to do and feel good about it
- It’s hard for you to actually carve out time to reflect and plan out your business, even to get outside, but you know it’s important and want to do it
- Your business rocks, but you just really need the time and space to dream into its next natural evolution
Look. You could ignore all this and JUST KEEP GOING.
Lord knows that’s an autopilot many of us are all too familiar with. BUT this mode will almost inevitably lead to you resenting your business at best and physically burning out at worst. (And let me tell you, you’re not all that useful to people when you’re angry and exhausted. Been there!).
But let’s say you don’t ignore it (like so many entrepreneurs do), and instead? Decide to give yourself four spacious days in the dark of winter to retreat with an amazing group of women, and find the inspiration, confidence and motivation to make 2019 your best year yet (whatever that means to YOU).
Doesn’t that sound a lot more fun and fulfilling?
So, Here’s How We Do It
- Gather what worked and release what didn’t in a group reflection process.
- Uncover what’s held you back, forgive yourself, and celebrate your accomplishments.
- Take a step back from your business to breathe and nourish yourself.
- Reconnect with yourself and your vision for life and work.
- Go on a guided solo “threshold” journey in nature to step into the next phase of your life and business.
- Set intentions and goals that resonate with your vision and feel inspiring.
- Get inspired, motivated and strategic about next year.
- Create an actual plan and daily schedule to manifest the business you truly want.
- Learn the 8-Step Naturally Productive system, an inspiring framework for your annual planning.
And winter is the PURRRFECT time to do this
It’s the natural season for turning inward, resting, reflecting, setting intentions and hatching inspiring plans for the New Year.
I’ve experienced firsthand how deeply we need to rest and replenish. Once upon a different business, I worked my ass off to the point of burnout and had to take a six month sabbatical to recover from it.
And you know what I found?
That when I finally slowed down and got outside in nature, my nervous system settled.
I found SPACE, I was able to listen for and hear what was really true for me, and the new ideas, inspiration and motivation started flowing.
From there, I was able to intentionally streamline my business and my life, decide what was in and what was out… what felt aligned, and what needed to be tossed. I created more time in my life to chill.
My gifts lie in helping you align to the biggest possible vision for yourself and your work and then refining that into simple, actionable, organized systems and strategies that will bring you more ease, joy and profits in your business, and more time in your life for everything else that’s important to you.
I’ve planned dozens of transformative retreats, perfecting the balance between abundant learning and growth and plenty of time for relaxing and connection.
So, what if you decided that this isn’t about having an “epic” year or trying to emulate what other business are owners doing?
What if you decided that this year would be about tapping into what YOU want to create—whether that’s global impact or finding more time for your family—and making a plan from there.
The Replenish Retreat is about creating space for what’s most important in your life. (And having time to chill.)
- It’s about feeling calm, grounded, productive, and on purpose in your business.
- It’s about finding clarity, alignment, vision and goals and making a realistic plan to achieve them.
- It’s about taking the time to look into the cracks and crevices, so you can learn and grow and change your life.
- It’s about letting go of what no longer serves.
- It’s about camaraderie and inspiring community and finding out that we’re really not freaks at all, but just finding our way in an often challenging world of entrepreneurism.
- It’s about taking care of yourself, and knowing that ultimately this serves your business and everyone in your life (and the world!).
I feel re-aligned, grounded, inspired, determined and supported. This retreat was amazing, exactly what I needed, and I am totally coming again.
– Jana Kilgore, Holistic Healer and Yoga Teacher
And… Replenish is more than a retreat…
Here’s the rundown of what’s included:
- Pre-Retreat: The Naturally Productive audio training + 2018 reflection exercise to prepare you to get the most out of the retreat
- Four transformative days and three cozy nights immersed in the paradigm-shifting Replenish framework (Reflect-Realign-Reactivate) so you come home with a new nature-inspired way of managing your life and your business and a plan to do it
- A range of experiential exercises to Replenish your business
- Group reflection, sharing, exercises and coaching
- Content-rich learning sessions
- Guided goal-setting and open work planning sessions
- Journaling and crafting
- Guided silent time on the land for visioning and dreaming
- Business strategy conversations
- Informal 1-on-1 coaching during free time
- Special treats to nourish yourself
- Unplugged time to sit, walk, and just BE in nature
- Guided movement everyday
- Delicious and nourishing seasonal food
- Hot tub soaking
- An evening bonfire to release 2019 (we’ll definitely burn stuff)
- Craft Your Future art night
- Optional massages
- And an amazing group of down-to-earth, purposeful women entrepreneurs to do it with!
- A guided, Virtual Work-Planning Day one week after the retreat to map out your nuts-and-bolts work plan and get support with any issues that have come up over the week (Tuesday, February 4th from 11-4 on Zoom). We added this extra day to give more spaciousness to the retreat itself, to give more customized attention for people in different stages of the planning process, and to devote a full day post-retreat to refining your annual goals and strategy and mapping out your year.
- Year-Round Support as you become part of the private Redwood Circle Online Facebook group. You can use this group throughout the year to stay in touch with your new colleagues, get business support, find resources, and ask me questions. You’ll have the opportunity to publicly set weekly priorities and stay accountable to self-care and nature time!
Now let’s talk location & luxuries:
Accommodations are included in the retreat price. The retreat takes place at the gorgeous Westerbeke Ranch in Sonoma County, just an hour from the San Francisco Bay Area. Its California Mission and Mexican-style buildings and decor will make you melt, and the charming and gracefully simple redwood cabins with ensuite bathrooms are comfortable, cozy and shared by 2-4 people in our group. There are porch swings and special spots to sit and relax everywhere you look, tea and coffee all day, hiking trails, a hot tub, and beautiful gardens.
Food: The food is fresh, local, delicious, nutritious, sustainable and hand-made. Westerbeke’s cooks are of the highest caliber—artists in their own right. As they say, “our guests are a little bit spoiled, just the way we like it.” You’ll be served three meals a day in a beautiful and cozy dining hall (with a huge fireplace!).
Massage: You’re welcome to book a massage in advance through the Westerbeke website after you’ve registered and have been sent the retreat schedule.
Movement: We’ll have a variety of options to get into your body throughout our daily sessions and afterwards.
Westerbeke is a truly special place. It’s hard to describe how much the space itself creates the beauty of this retreat… hopefully the images below will give you a little taste…
The retreat begins Friday, January 24th at 10AM and will end at 3PM on Monday, January 27th, 2019. You must attend the entire retreat. Please do NOT plan to come late or leave early.
Day 5 of the retreat is via Zoom video on Tuesday, February 4th.
If the responses from years past are any indication, you will look at this time as the moment that epiphanies were had, things clicked into place, and you got the domino push that not only helped you enjoy your work… but also witness remarkable results.
(Best part is you can say it all started in a hot tub in the dead of winter.)
Being out in nature gave me insights into my whole life, and allowed me to clearly see the possibility of my business as thriving, without doing so much! And, I know what steps I need to take to move forward and have lots of tools to keep myself and my business organized.”
– Leslie Strubel, Wedding Planner
And what does all this gloriousness cost?
The investment for Replenish as a stand-alone program is $1350 (this includes the 4-day retreat + the daylong planning session one week later + an amazing year-round Facebook community).
PS – this is a friggin’ business write-off!!
We are creating an intentionally diverse community and Black, Latinx, Indigenous, Asian, and other identifying Women of Color are encouraged to attend the retreat. There are a limited number of need-based, partial scholarships available for women who identify as part of these groups. Just fill out the form here.
Still have some Qs floating around in your head?
Check below to see if we’ve answered it. If not, give me a shout here.
Hear what the recently-replenished have to say about the experience:
Honestly, this retreat met my expectations and then some, I already feel like I want to come back next year. Julie’s integration of business strategy along with personal exploration and weaving nature as a model was done so well. Being in a beautiful setting with delicious food left me nourished and restored. Going forward I have so many tools to work with to help align myself and my business in ways that will hopefully bring me more balance and joy.
– Lezlie Scaliatine, Ecotherapist
I came on this retreat because I kept hitting burnout with my business. Looking back now, it was a sort of last-ditch attempt at a Rescue Mission, but the promise of delicious food, a hot tub, and a beautiful setting made the imminent rescue much more appealing! Julie’s carefully crafted lesson plans were like a trail of breadcrumbs through each of our Business Forests — we each went on a journey and discovered our way home. I came away with renewed hope and a detailed plan of action. I also have a meaningful absence of fear, and a deeper sense of trusting the small steps I will be taking over time. Julie embodies a deep patience and trust in the cycles of nature, combined with nuts and bolts tools to really light a fire right where you need it. Such a great combination!
– Corva Rose, Landscape Designer
I’ve supported a lot of transformational leaders on retreat as a photographer and have had the privilege to see many sides of the experience. This was the only retreat where I saw equal parts of business and pleasure satisfied equally. My masculine “”do””-er got all the structure where my feminine “”flow”” got all the connection, ease and grace that I long for. The only thing I would change is just one more day. The container was held so well and the women that showed up were just perfect. Highly recommend!
– Candace Smith, Photographer
Replenish was a phenomenal experience all around. From the gorgeous setting to the incredible food to the new relationships with a group of amazing women, I felt nourished on all levels. Julie leads the group with a beautiful balance of structure and stability for us to lean into, combined with warmth, flexibility and lightness. I was able to deeply rest, vision my life, play and explore, connect with myself, connect with the other women, AND come up with a new plan for my business, clear goals, and steps to implement them. I’m so grateful to be starting off my year this way.
– Julia Ellis, Expressive Arts Therapist
Loved this retreat!!! And I’m totally not the retreat type. But all the women were so warm and open and the space was awesome. After a day, I was hooked! Just the right pace and with enough openness that I had several incredible insights to set up my upcoming year differently. Definitely recommend this as a yearly reflection on your biz.
– Linda Basso, Speaker and Author
The Replenish Retreat was exactly what I needed. I got to drop into quiet with myself in a way that I don’t get often enough. I got to deeply reflect on what’s helping me and hindering me, how to get the support I need and structure not only my business, but my life to support my vision of an ideal life. The connection to the other women at the retreat was such a deep experience. Being held by them in a place of love and support and truth made the challenging things easier and the laughter even better.
– Heather Sontag, Organizational Expert
I look forward to Replenish every year – I’ve gone three years in a row now. It is a transformational experience, where my whole self and my business reach greater clarity and alignment. It always helps me to reveal the places where I am stuck, set intentions to move forward, and prioritize my actions. At last year’s Replenish I set an intention that I carried with me and successfully accomplished over the course of the year. It was amazing.
– Kara Sammet, Gender Equity Consultant
I chose to go to the Replenish Retreat to set myself up powerfully for the year ahead. I so appreciate the way Julie is so gracefully integrates business with nature. It was a wonderful combination of being outside with nature while planning the year ahead with ease. Also the community of women that Julie attracts is wonderful. I walked away feeling confident about my year ahead while also feeling loved up by nature. I highly recommend this retreat to any business woman wanting to honor nature and business together. Oh and I cannot forget to mention the food, SO DELICIOUS!
– Michelle Olsen, Career Purpose Coach
This retreat is unique in its offering. It has time to reflect and recharge, and is also packed with important information for women entrepreneurs. I am so grateful to Julie for creating this vision, and delivering it with such grace, power and kindness.
– Robin Shaw, Yoga Teacher & Massage Therapist
It was so fulfilling and revitalizing to come to a safe and inviting space in nature with other women entrepreneurs, especially since I didn’t know anyone there — and walk away feeling clear, open, and with new friends!
– Brianna Russell, Nonprofit founder
I knew I absolutely had to come after the experience from last year. This year I was eager to think through what my second full year of business would be like after building such a solid foundation last year. I uncovered a couple of limiting beliefs that I was able to shift, my eyes were opened to a few new business opportunities and I started seeing myself as a leader in a way that I haven’t before. The unique thing about the retreat was the collaboration and support between the women, the group inspired and elevated all of the content of the program and it was absolutely incredible. I’m walking away with a community, an inspired vision for this year, a clear set of goals and tasks to implement, new business ideas and a bold vision for myself. I feel powerful and clear about where I’m heading this year.”
– Lindsay Gordon, Career Coach
The first full day session was transformational. I was able to make a great deal of headway on what was holding me back. With this clarity and focus, I was able to create a realistic plan of action based on my vision.”
– Dr. Payal Bhandari, Holistic Physician
This retreat gave me the tools to take my business to the next level. I now feel capable, prepared, and supported. So many possibilities have opened up, thank you! The retreat was a beautiful inter-relationship of business and spirit, of nature and yoga with brainstorming and planning! So complete, so effective. Julie is a GREAT facilitator and teacher. I didn’t know business could feel good, aligned, and in integrity with my life and not some separate thing I have to work on.”
– Jill Mahanna, Artist, Nevada City
Replenish was deeply relaxing, clarifying, inspiring, and incredibly helpful for me in committing to plans for the coming year and to bring into focus how to continue this reflection to grow my business in a way that works for me.”
– Lisa Silberstein, Floral Designer, Oakland
Julie’s Replenish retreat provides the necessary space, guidance, and community to help me set clear intentions & provides structure to put these intentions into action. I look forward to this gathering every winter to reset & I come out each year with new insights about myself and my business. Thank you!”
– Jamie Lieber, Acupuncturist, San Francisco
This retreat helped me find clarity and vision as I go through a big transition and re-branding of my business. I came away knowing exactly what my next step is and where I’m going. I’ve already recommended this retreat to many business women that I know that I think would get so much from it.”
– Cristina Topham, Chef, Sonoma
It was so wonderful to come together with a group of powerful, inspiring women who are really getting things done and making an impact in the world! The location was amazing, the food was delicious, and I am leaving fully rejuvenated, uplifted and ready to take my life and business to a whole new level.”
– Katia Sol, Coach and Guide
This weekend was truly so meaningful for me. It was exactly what I needed it to be. I feel motivated, capable and connected in ways that I have never felt around my business. I love the weaving together of the spiritual and the practical, and I got to move through the point where I usually get stuck and into a place where I have concrete steps forward to take. I also really felt the privilege of witnessing all these amazing women’s gifts on full display this weekend. The retreat surpassed my expectations.”
– Kristen Warnick, Massage Therapist, Oakland
I went to Replenish because my soul really desired to make business planning pleasurable. The beautiful space, sisterhood, amazing food and the support of someone else providing the structure, I really received that.”
– Sweta Chawla, Intuitive Coach, Berkeley
I was having trouble clarifying my vision for next steps in my business, even though I’ve had my business for several years. I needed to re-evaluate and re-brand, but was battling the need for perfection and wanting to avoid burnout. I just knew I needed to be around nature with other like-minded women. I found a wonderful tribe of amazing new friends, and let go of a LOT of old beliefs that were holding me back.”
– Racheal Pavkovic, Photographer, Oakland
I came on the retreat to relax and make time to map out my life and business goals… I left with a clear vision of what’s possible when I make the space for myself to rest and reflect. I also got a real sense of the long game of building a business and how important it is to plant those seeds (as goals) now. Everything was perfect.”
-Kelsey Lowitz, Health Coach and Acupuncturist
The biggest thing I am bringing back from the retreat is the knowledge that I am the master of my own vision, life, business, and calendar.
I was scheduling things in a way that stressed me out, putting too many things on my calendar, expecting myself to accomplish an unrealistic amount of tasks on (unnecessarily) tight schedules, and therefore was always feeling behind and stressed. Since the retreat, I have created more spaciousness to do deep, focused work on what is most important, rather than scattered multi-tasking.
I am also regularly checking on my goals to see what is and is not working, and blocking time into my calendar for the things I want to achieve, as well as taking the free time I need to feel whole. I am learning to trust and have faith that there are ebbs and flows to a business and to allow myself to relax into life, rather than pushing myself to keep going against the grain and then burning out.
The tricky thing of course is keeping this with me when outside influences constantly push me in different ways. Luckily, I have my goals written out, my vision on my wall and my monthly check-ins, so I have ways to re-ground myself in what’s important when things inevitably get a little crazy.
Thank you for this beautiful gift!”
-Jenna Carlsson, Nonprofit Event Planner
I had been working with Julie for six months, and this retreat was a PERFECT opportunity to go deeper to reflect, revise and experience the rest I need to move with intention into the New Year with my business. To take a step back from the busy day-to-day and drop into some silence to see what happens… what a gift! I love the cyclical nature of Julie’s Natural Business Cycle model and how well this retreat supports the dormant phase. Plus, being nourished by great food and nature is so important – I take care of others with my work and myself at home. I desperately needed some support feeling nourished!”
– Jamie Lieber, Acupuncturist, San Francisco
I had a wonderful and productive time at Replenish, and I loved getting a chance to get to know so many amazing, badass business women. Over the course of the weekend, we accomplished a lot — intention setting, vision-boarding, nature walking, community building, yoga, and goal setting, and yet it still felt spacious and nourishing. I was particularly moved by the campfire where we symbolically burned what we wanted to let go of from last year … it was a totally cathartic community experience that felt so supportive and necessary and flowed perfectly into setting new goals for 2017. If it weren’t for that session, I don’t think I would have set goals for my business at all. That alone was worth everything. That, and the hot tub :)”
– Jen Weiss, Fundraising Coach and Consultant
I showed up stressed and exhausted, and so needed to step outside my busy life, the internet, and my family, to focus on what are ultimately the most essential ingredients of bringing a healthy, thriving business into the world: self-care, a clear sense of purpose, and smart systems.”
– Megan Armstrong, Mother-Daughter Mentor
I saw an old limiting belief vanished before my eyes. I had examined it for years previously, but never labeled it as limiting. When a couple other women at the retreat talked about their experience with a similar belief, something clicked for me that never had before, and the grip and power of it pretty much just vanished. It was kind of amazing. Being in a circle of smart, ambitious women and hearing some of them tell the same limiting story allowed me to see that it was just a story in my head, it wasn’t real. It was like shining a flashlight under the bed and seeing there really was no monster there. I don’t care how much therapy or coaching we all do, there aren’t that many truly revelatory moments when you can experience that kind of liberation and see your life path shifting. It was a gift.”
– Education Consultant
Since the retreat, I was able to define a strategic business plan and budget to create an integrative health clinic. I have lined up a handful of health care providers who would join the clinic along with a business developer on the non-medical side. I am going to start looking at office spaces soon and keep moving forward on how to make the clinic a reality hopefully later this year. My solo practice is also gaining more traction! February has certainly seen an increase in business. I am better defining my niche as an integrative functional medicine specialist through my website, and I’m excited to do more blogging and teaching in my niche this year. Thank you so much for your help and support!”
– Payal Bhandari, Holistic Physician
I’ve done visioning and goal setting so many times, but never made it to the nitty-gritty task part. So actually having it on paper and feeling do-able was a huge revolution! I came on the retreat to get some clarity on my business and an action plan on paper so that I could make some actual progress and accomplishments. I am coming away feeling at very long last, clarity on how to approach and move forward with it! And, I feel excited and motivated to do it. Julie’s gentle insightfulness came across in her words and the experiences she created, and they have transformed my approach to my business.”
– Darci Andresen, Marketing Specialist
I overcame fears of my relationship with money and stepped into a new space of taking myself more seriously as an entrepreneur. It was a holistically balanced and grounded retreat that left me feeling accomplished and inspired.”
– Kristi Williamson, Yoga Teacher and Performing Artist, Oakland
*We use an inclusive definition of “woman” and “female” and welcome trans, genderqueer, and non-binary people who identify as women.