Is your business grounded for serious growth?
An effective home-study course (with private support options)
to strengthen your biz foundations and make marketing and getting clients easier!
If you’re a coach, consultant, healer or teacher wanting to fill up your practice, you don’t need to:
- hustle more,
- work 100 hour weeks,
- or lose your damn mind.
What you need to do is go back to basics. Back to your business’ roots, if you will. Because this foundation is what will allow you to courageously speak and write about your work –> which leads to more natural, confident marketing –> which leads to more clients and—you guessed it— more money.
Put another way: you can’t fruit if you don’t root. And that’s not just a great rhyme, it’s true.
If you’re here it’s likely because you’re of the low key, down to earth, hard working kind, and you’re hoping that there’s an entrepreneurial approach out there that feels real (and not “SIX FIGURES IN 3 DAYS!”), and makes room for you to have balance amidst the growth (avoiding burnout and embracing those other things in life you enjoy).
Well hope no more, because that’s precisely what the Roots of Business course is designed to do. (No instant fixes served here.)
During this course we’ll cover the core things you need to know to grow your business without burning out.
Things that you either rushed through or overlooked completely in the excitement of opening your “doors.” Things most business coaches aren’t making absolutely sure you know before you jump into everything else.
We’ll dig into the dirt of:
- what problem you solve,
- who you specifically solve it for (and who you don’t!)
- why you do it (and how you do it uniquely).
All with the goal of packaging this magic up into something you can clearly and confidently shout from the rooftops (and have your clients buy!)
- Have worked with at least a few clients (or perhaps many), but your business isn’t yet where you want it to be,
- Know that you are skilled, talented and doing good, powerful work that helps people and/or the planet,
- Consider yourself personal/spiritual growth-oriented and deep yet you value taking action as much as you do setting intentions.
But you also…
- Feel limited and confused by the popular advice out there from internet marketing gurus,
- Struggle with sales + marketing because you’re actually not that clear on what you want your business to do… or whom you want to truly serve,
- Have burned out at some point, or have watched several peers burn out and don’t want to end up there (because for you, there’s more to life than work),
- Don’t know why you’re not making the kind of money you want.
The wild part is, most of us started these businesses for MORE control over our free time, but in these early years of operation we often feel like we have to choose between a balanced life or a blooming bottom line.
(Hint: you don’t. You really don’t). For more of my story discovering this vibrant truth, head here.
I’m betting one or more of the following has happened to you in the last week:
- You put something on Facebook and no one liked or commented (or it was just that one tried-and-true client)
- You thought again about what the hell to put on your website and if what you currently have is any good.
- Your to-do list got the best of you AGAIN, and you closed out the workday feeling overwhelmed and jumbled, and possibly ready to pass out in the grass.
- You read another article about how to grow your business but this one conflicted with the one you read yesterday so you’re like “ummmm, can someone just tell me what to do next?”
- You attempted to network or market yourself and got majorly awkward because you felt tongue-tied.
So Here’s What You Get:
- Five course modules + bonuses that have been developed over hundreds of hours and tested with real clients—designed to take a few hours each week and available the minute you sign up. (Each module includes a 10-30 minute audio lesson + a workbook/guide).
- Guides and templates for every exercise and challenge, to make your life easier (no wheel-reinventing, thanks!).
- ‘Get Your Butt Outside’ assignments—designed to get you out in nature and away from that computer screen so you can find more aligned answers to your business questions (one exercise for each module).
- Private site with all of your materials in one, handy place. Bonus: a pre-course training to get ramped up for the course + get familiar with my Natural Business philosophy.
- Unlimited access to the course, including future versions so you can go at your own pace and revisit these lessons over and over again as your business evolves.
- Optional expert support of a teacher and guide who is totally committed to your success…and will guide you in a way that feels natural for you, no cookie cutters. (That’s me, Julie.)
Here’s what we’ll cover:
Module 1 – CLARITY: Unearth Your Natural Niche
Your entire business is rooted in its niche. Clarity on who exactly you serve, what exactly you help them do (in other words, what’s the problem you solve), and how you do it different from All The Other Folks creates a filter for potential clients so they know whether or not you’re a great fit to work together — saving you all precious time, energy and heartache (I know you don’t like working with the wrong clients!). Plus, it’s just really hard to get more clients if you don’t know who exactly your people are and how to communicate with them about what you’re going to do to help make their lives better in specific ways (and not vague stuff like helping people reach their full potential and live their dreams. We’re going WAY beyond that.)
You’ll learn how to TALK about what you do confidently so you stop feeling awkward at networking events. Knowing the nitty gritty of your niche will also allow you to stop trying to do everything for everyone, and instead focus on doing what you’re most gifted at that people also happen to need. This results in working with people you LOVE and who love you back. No more icky clients. Another cool thing? This niching helps you get referrals because people know instinctively who to send to you.
Module 2 – RESONANCE: Establish Your Point of View and Message
This is your unique reason for doing your work in the way that YOU do. It’s your unique stand, the particular way you see the world, and the key to your business’ success. It takes courage to speak our opinions on the world, what we see going wrong in our industries, and how we are righting it, but knowing your powerful message is what makes you stand out from the crowd. This is what people connect and resonate with, and this is why they choose you and not some other coach/consultant/healer. Your message is different from everyone else’s. Let’s find it. Knowing it will rally and inspire people… including yourself.
Module 3 – CREDIBILITY: Discover Your Unique Methodology
Here we’ll get deep into your way of doing things—AKA your curriculum, your body of work, the outline for that book you’re going to write, your signature system. This is the specific process you bring your clients through in order to help them solve the problem they came to you for. You have this methodology in you already, it just needs to be drawn out. Because when you can clearly explain this process and the results that you intend for your clients each step of the way, you gain credibility, and then people have so much more confidence in what you do (dang, this woman knows what she’s doing!!).
When you have a system, you’re more relaxed with clients. You become more CONFIDENT so networking and sales improve. This is how you actually help things happen for people and this system will be the source of all your future potential programs, packages, offers. Yay for natural progression!
Module 4 – TRANSFORMATION: Sell Something Powerful
Now that we have all this clarity, we’ll get into how to package up this unique amazingness into something that transforms, something that provides real results and change, something your clients will be psyched to get and you will be psyched to give. And of course we’ll cover is WHAT TO FRIGGIN CHARGE because as you know, that’s always a tricky one. Your transformative packages and programs will help you move beyond scrambling to get tons of one-off sessions and into creating an irresistible offer for your clients. Packages maximize your impact on the client while also increasing the profit you can make, and the ease by which you make it. I’ll also provide a template to help you most powerfully describe your package so people get it and want to buy it without you ever having to feel pushy.
Module 5 – FLOW: Make a Simple Plan to Find Clients You Love
So, then, like, how do you actually find those clients and make money? Where will they hear about you? And how do you then bring these wonderful people from simply hearing about you to actually working with you? How will you create an easeful flow of clients? This is the world of marketing, and sales funnels and business models, and it’s actually really fun once you understand what it’s all about (sales funnel is not actually a dirty word, I promise). You’ll create a SIMPLE marketing plan that leads people naturally into working with you. Having this stuff in order also means you can set financial goals and make a clear plan to make the money you want. It’ll give you way more control over how much you earn.
Bonus Module: Go Forth and Launch (or Re-Launch)!
This bonus module is 4 parts and designed to make sure you take everything you learned during the course and release it into the wild. It’s a quick guide to marketing and sales that will allow you to incorporate all of this new wisdom and bring in new clients!
Here’s what’s included:
- Launch Letter Template: Guide to creating an awesome/effective marketing email to get your new program or biz out into the world. Because writing emails is HARD, right?!
- Weave Your Web of Referral Parnters: A complete guide to getting your work out into the world in the simplest way possible. How to make a list of the best people to send your Launch Letter letter to/connect with/meet with, and how to do it (with scripts!)
- Sales Call Guide: What to say once you get (the right!) potential clients on the phone so they are excited to work with you. You’ll discover that these calls are less about “selling” someone and way more about weeding out people who aren’t the right fit and nurturing the ones who do.
- How to Get Great Testimonials: Learn how to fluidly solicit those words of praise so that you can use these golden nuggets in other marketing materials as well as get a better understanding of how you’re serving your clients.
And a Free Financial Basics Mini-Course
If you’re still figuring out how to deal with money on a practical level (how do I track my expenses? Should I start an LLC? How do I do recurring payments?), you need to work through deep-seeded beliefs about money (I’ll never earn enough! People with money are greedy!), or you have no idea how to set money goals, this guide, mini-course and accompanying spreadsheets will get you on track and in control of your money flow.
Plus, You Get Free 1-1 Support from Julie:
Email support is included for Module 1 because I truly believe nobody should niche alone. This means that after you come up with a draft niche, you can send it to Julie for her direct feedback.
If you’d like further email support as you go through the course, you can purchase it a la carte for each module you want support on for $75.
Just like a tree without roots doesn’t stand a chance in the forest, your business without its proper roots simply can’t grow or thrive. But the good news? As your business grows and evolves, you can return to these practices again and again to realign, re-root and refocus where your business is heading.
Doing this work will make you feel calm, knowledgeable, and confident in growing a business that is aligned with your natural gifts, not frantically busy, and earns you real money.
Having all three is not a pipe dream. But going at it alone is overrated.
If this all feels right to you, register today.
You can get started right away. Remember this includes email access to me for Module 1 as you hone in on your niche (easily the trickiest part of all of this!).
Not quite the right fit? Here are some more options…
Looking for in-depth personal attention on the Roots? Check out the private strategy session package. Feel pretty clear on those roots? Check out my private coaching program. Yearning for something more communal? See the Redwood Circle (Roots of Biz comes free with all).
I was finally able to pull many, many threads of ‘what I do’ and ‘how I do it’ and ‘what I offer’ into what feels like a living, breathing, juicy system that I can refer to and use with clients. Which feels GREAT. I also was able to map out the process that I use with clients, so I have the beginnings of a really rich and deep system/map. Your questions in your feedback were super helpful and super affirming too. Much appreciated!
When I got confused, it was perfect to get out into nature. There, on a wander, quiet mind, heart open, surrender – the words, systems, ideas, ah-has started to trickle through, and once I had those I was able to go back to pen and paper and start to write down, sort, map, categorize etc.
Even despite some resistance, the course lovingly pushed me to put it all down and eventually realize I DO have steps, and a system, and a LOT of fantastic tools and resources that really DO bring amazing results when applied!
Really getting this helped my up-and-down self-confidence about what I do and offer. These materials and guidance are really solid. Thank you!”
– Amanda, Coach, Santa Rosa
I’m loving this course! Above all, it’s allowed me to create a website that is much more on target for how I want to combine my forest bathing training with my architecture and design business. The first section on niching was quite involved (for me, anyway), but incredibly helpful. I enjoyed the one-on-one email feedback with Julie as well. She really understands business and adds a bit of humor and story to the process of teaching us. Her materials are very organized and easy to follow.
– Joan Vorderbruggen, Forest Bathing Guide and Architect
I really love the whole way this course has been presented using a nature-based model, and also the wanders as a tool for creative thinking and processing, as well as building in that much needed time out for R&R.
– Nicky, Guide/Mentor/Trainer